Friday, July 15, 2011

Crafty Friday

Ever since I got pregnant with P, the crafty side of my has come out. Growing up my mom was always working on something on her sewing machine, so I think it came as second nature to do some projects. Peighton's nursery is full of DIY projects that I did to keep busy, and I now try to have a project a week to do when she is napping. In the past I have made lampshades, picture frames, bird houses, pillowcase dresses, headbands and tutu's. This week I worked on another headband for the adorable P.


It took a long time to cut all of the flowers out and my critique of myself is that I would like to find a pattern of one and use it for each one so that I don't have some funky, odd shaped flowers :) I really like this because I can make this match just about any outfit. I am also going to make a few others with different color schemes.
Thoughts?

7 comments:

  1. Love the headband!!

    Thanks for linking up to Toddle Along Tuesday at Growing Up Geeky and Our Growing Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, love that she actually wears them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her outfit and headband is so cute. :) I've always wanted to make a headband. I just haven't got myself to start yet, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is so cute! I love that headband, too!

    (visiting from toddle along tuesday)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great headband and it seems that Peighton likes it, too!

    New follower from jetsjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I'm a new follower from TAT and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your headband! I can relate about the crafty side coming out. I think it happened to me when I left my job. :o)

    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete